Using headings is a simple way to create structure for your page! But there are some important things to keep in mind.
- Search engines use headings to determine the structure and content of a page.
- Screen-readers use headings to aid those with visual impairments in navigating the page.
- Use HTML headings for headers only, NOT to make text larger or bolder. Stylistic changes should be made using CSS.
- Use Header 1 for the main headings, followed by Header 2 for sub-headings, then Header 3 and so on
1. Highlight your text.
2. Click Formats in the Body Text toolbar, then from the dropdown menu, choose Headings and select the heading level appropriate for your content (see notes above).